Friday, May 1, 2020

Caution: Dressing up your baby involves a lot of thinking!


What is there not to agree with? Buying baby clothes is the most challenging work that I ever did. Let me explain what happened to me, because either I did not know what to buy, or perhaps my baby was a little too nosy. Trust me on that if your baby does not like what you have brought for him, he would explicitly show that to you. After that, it depends on you how much you consider his opinion. It is advised by the baby experts, though, that one should always value their baby’s view as it helps in the development of confidence and choice.
In my case, my baby had a couple of strange opinions about whatever I bought for him. Either he used to get rash, or perhaps he used to poop or vomit on the clothes, or least he would cry until we take the thing off of him.
I would share certain things that I have learned in this journey.
  1. You should not predict what your baby likes or dislikes. Let him decide, and he would choose and explain it to you somehow. Do not fall for the assumption that babies do not like things being pulled off their heads, maybe your baby enjoys it.
  2. You can never know how many fabric types exactly are there to which your baby is allergic. Maybe he is not even allergic. It is sometimes the softness of a baby’s skin that he gets a rash from every fabric he wears. It is good that you buy organic fabrics
  3. There are a lot of infant clothes supplier, so you can let your baby choose as there are a lot of colors and varieties. There is no harm in giving the baby a little freedom.



1 comment: